Are you wondering if your carpet care methods are really getting all of your carpets as clean as they can be? There are many different types of carpets available nowadays, which means you need to know what type of carpet you have so you can provide it with the proper care. And the fact that carpets are walked on, spilled on and more means that there are all kinds of bacteria hiding within a carpet's fibers. This makes it necessary for you to not only clean your carpets for their visual attractiveness, but also to ensure that any and all bacteria is removed, which is going to help support the household's overall good health.
10 carpet care tips to keep it clean
The following is a list of 10 really great carpet care tips that anyone can use to keep their carpet looking fresh and clean.
- Vacuum at a minimum every other day
- Vacuum over the same area at least five times
- Vacuum against the grain of the carpet first to help loosen dirt and debris
- Clean food or drink stains immediately by adding water and blotting with vinegar or club soda
- Make a new rule that everyone needs to remove their shoes before entering the house
- Invest in the air filters as this will reduce the amount of any airborne dust particles that can settle into the carpet
- Place doormats at every exterior door way
- Be proactive by cleaning the carpet before it becomes too dirty
- Never pull on a carpet string and instead clip it with scissors
- Call professional carpet care cleaners to clean the carpet once a year or so. The Environmental Protection Agency recommendsa professional cleaning one to four times a year, according to how heavy the traffic is in that area of your home
Why are clean carpets important?
Another reason regular carpet care is important is the health aspect — according to the American Lung Association, if members of your household suffer from conditions that can affect their breathing, such as snoring or asthma, it’s especially crucial that you keep your carpets clean and sanitary.
As per the Environmental Protection Agency, an unclean carpet can retain several sources of indoor air pollutants, including allergens, pet dander, lead, particle pollution, and everyday dust and dirt. Toxic airborne gases can attach themselves to these particles and also get trapped inside the carpet.
In need of carpet care services?
If you are currently in need of carpet care services, we invite you to give us a call right now so we can go ahead and schedule you in for an appointment. We offer lots of convenient appointment times as we understand that most people are very busy nowadays.
If you have any questions related to good carpet care, feel free to call us so we can provide you with the answers you need. When you provide your carpets with the proper care they need, you will get many more years of use out of them.
Looking for carpet care tips near the 92660 area? Call Orange Coast Carpet Care at (949) 229-4030.